Featuring Zoe CEO & Founder, Andres Garcia-Amaya, CFA
Watch Time: 4 minutes
Welcome to this week’s Market Drama!
- The S&P 500 was up 1.9 for the week%, meaning it’s up 8% year-to-date.
- Nasdaq was up 2.3% for the week and is now up 18% year-to-date.
- Economic Data:
- April’s growth came in at 253,000, above expectations.
- March payrolls were revised down significantly.
- The unemployment rate fell to 3.4%.
- Year-over-year wages were up 4.4% higher than expected.
- Average hourly earnings went up more than expected.
- Earnings are coming in better than expected.
- First quarter 2023 earnings are now tracking toward negative 4.5% (the market was expecting even worse numbers).
What to look out for this week:
- Monday, Tuesday, and Friday we’ll have Fed presidents Goldsby, Jefferson, and Williams, speak.
- Keep an eye on April CPI data coming in on Wednesday, and PPI data on Thursday.
Stay tuned for next week.
Disclosure: This page is not investment advice and should not be relied on for such advice or as a substitute for consultation with professional accounting, tax, legal or financial advisors. The observations of industry trends should not be read as recommendations for stocks or sectors.
Ready to Grow Your Wealth?
Let us connect you with the best financial advisor for you to understand the implications of the markets in your personal financial plan.
About Zoe Financial
Zoe is a wealth platform that connects you to the right trustworthy, credentialed, and experienced wealth advisor for your needs. We believe financial advice should come from unbiased and certified professionals. That’s why Zoe’s extensive vetting process qualifies only the top 5% of managers in the United States.
Best Online Financial Advisor 2022
Series A Led by Softbank
Most Innovative Companies 2022
2019 Annual Fintech Competition Winner