Featuring Zoe CEO & Founder, Andres Garcia-Amaya, CFA
Welcome to this week’s Market Drama!
- The S&P 500 was up roughly 2% by mid-day Friday March, 17th.
- The bond market has been very volatile.
- Bond move index hit an over five-year high that includes COVID.
- The Fed needs to decide if it’s going to lower interest rates to adjust for the banking sector’s woes, or if it should stay focused on inflation.
- Leading Economic Index (LEI) fell for its 11th straight month.
- Data is not very bullish all in all.
What to look out for this week:
- This Wednesday, the Fed will announce if they are going to hike interest rates 25 basis points, 50 basis points, or not at all.
Stay tuned for next week.
Check out our webinar on the Silicon Valley Bank’s collapse here.
Disclosure: This material provided by Zoe Financial is for informational purposes only. It is not intended to serve as a substitute for personalized investment advice or as a recommendation or solicitation of any particular security, strategy or investment product. Nothing in these materials is intended to serve as personalized tax and/or investment advice since the availability and effectiveness of any strategy is dependent upon your individual facts and circumstances. Zoe Financial is not an accounting firm- clients and prospective clients should consult with their tax professional regarding their specific tax situation. Opinions expressed by Zoe Financial are based on economic or market conditions at the time this material was written. Economies and markets fluctuate. Actual economic or market events may turn out differently than anticipated. Facts presented have been obtained from sources believed to be reliable. Zoe Financial, however, cannot guarantee the accuracy or completeness of such information, and certain information presented here may have been condensed or summarized from its original source.
Ready to Grow Your Wealth?
Let us connect you with the best financial advisor for you to understand the implications of the markets in your personal financial plan.