Featuring Zoe CEO & Founder, Andres Garcia-Amaya, CFA
Welcome to this week’s Market Drama!
- Stock Market:
- The S&P 500 fell 0.28%.
- Dow Jones was also down.
- Nasdaq was up for the week.
- Government bond yields rose for the fourth consecutive week.
- What drove this market action?
- (1) January’s Producer Price Index came out hotter than expected. It rose 0.7%, while estimates were 0.4%.
- (2) Two Fed officials made statements that hinted at what would happen with interest rates.
What to look out for next week:
- Core PCE index data for January.
- We are closing up earnings season.
- More of macro data and implications for what the Fed will do regarding interest rates.
Stay tuned for next week.
Disclosure: This page is not investment advice and should not be relied on for such advice or as a substitute for consultation with professional accounting, tax, legal or financial advisors. The observations of industry trends should not be read as recommendations for stocks or sectors.
Ready to Grow Your Wealth?
Let us connect you with the best financial advisor for you to understand the implications of the markets in your personal financial plan.
About Zoe Financial
Zoe is a wealth platform that connects you to the right trustworthy, credentialed, and experienced wealth advisor for your needs. We believe financial advice should come from unbiased and certified professionals. That’s why Zoe’s extensive vetting process qualifies only the top 5% of managers in the United States.
Best Online Financial Advisor 2022
Series A Led by Softbank
Most Innovative Companies 2022
2019 Annual Fintech Competition Winner